This office is for everyone who is new to Lingen - for people from all cultures and generations.
The transition phase after a move is a challenge for all people. To get along well in a new place, you need contacts and networks. The city of Lingen has set up the Welcome Office for this purpose. A place that wants to offer guidance for this first time of arrival.
The Welcome Office is looking forward to a lively neighborhood and to every energetic, committed volunteer who would like to contribute to strengthening the culture of "Welcome in Lingen". So, of course, the population of Lingen is also invited to participate.
Regular meeting dates:
- Meeting new citizens and returnees - monthly always the last Friday from 18.30 clock in the month - with registration.
- Tandemmeeting: "Speaking and getting to know each other" - exchange with new citizens practicing German and German native speakers - monthly always the first Thursday of the month 19.00 to 20.30 o'clock - with registration
- New citizens walk - first sunday of the month from 10.30 to 12.00 a.m. - without registration - meeting point: entrance "Trimm Dich Pfad" in the Kiesberg forest
- For the "Blind Date für Lingener*innen und Neubürger*innen" we are looking for interested Lingener*innen, who would like to show the new citizens their favorite places in Lingen and around Lingen.
- For Tandemmeeting: "Speaking and getting to know each other" we are looking for people from Lingen who have time and desire to playfully exchange with new citizens in German and of course to practice the languages of the new citizens if necessary.
Further activities and encounters are being planned and will be announced in due time.
Information and registration with Andrea Rakers - Project Management Welcome Office for Lingen
from January in Große Straße 19 - personal welcome appointments by prior appointment.